1. My Parents - Lord knows that if it wasn't for them I would not be where (or who) I am today. Not only did they keep me alive until I was 18 (since they were legally obligated to), they have also went beyond that. They have helped me out during so many tough times & they always there when I need them. Some say I am spoiled and that I need to learn to live without them. If it wasn't for them, I don't know where I would be. The first person I call when something major happens in my life are my parents. Thanks Mom & Dad for always being there for me, for still paying some of my bills & for still buying me food & clothes. I appreciate it more than you know.
2. Jake - For the past 5 years Jake has put up with more than he has ever needed to. He has been there through all the ups, downs and in-betweens. He puts up with my crazy ideas, my extreme love for cats, and my stupid stories. He helped me with my weight loss, has motivated me on days that I needed it, and has loved me even when I felt I looked horrible. He supports my decision to go to Cosmetology School, listens to me complain about my bad days and rubs my head when I have migraines (which is a BIG deal to me). He is my best friend, and I am so thankful that he is in my life.
|I don't think he realizes just how much he amazes me.|
3. My Sister - I was was turning five the year my sister was born. There was a lot of jealousy on my end. I still remember parts from the night my mom went into labor. My dad woke me up, I remember being extremely angry because I couldn't be with my parents, I remember throwing a fit. I wasn't too thrilled with the fact that I now had to share my parents with her. Of course, I didn't realize back then how lucky I really am. My parents gave me a friend for life. Although we are complete opposites, we are finally getting along (for the most part) after all these years. I know my sister is the one person who will always be there for me regardless of what happens in life.
4. My Amazing Best Friend - Tiffany & I met at college. It wasn't until our Sophomore year, at USI, that we started becoming close. We have been best friends ever since. She has answered the phone at crazy hours of the night to hear me cry, laugh or tell her something crazy. She was the first person to tell me that going to Cosmetology School was the best idea ever. She has been there for my good times and helped me through my bad. I was her Maid of Honor at her wedding (and can't wait for her to be mine!) I don't know what I would do without her sometimes!
|Dancing at her wedding|
5. My Past - I am thankful for my past. If it wasn't for the things that I did, said, or dealt with, I wouldn't be where I am today. I am thankful for the lessons I have learned.
6. My School - I am very thankful for finding an awesome cosmetology school to attend! I can honestly say that I LOVE going to school every single day. I am thankful to have found a school that encourages their students, teaches us new techniques, and pushes us to think outside the box.
7. Pandora Radio - Pandora Radio is amazing, and what I listen to while working out. I love listening to upbeat music and I enjoy the variety that Pandora gives me.
8. My Doctor - I love my doctor. She has listened to me, has helped me and you can tell she genuinely cares about her patients.
9. Having the opportunity to know my Grandparents & Great Grandparents - I can't believe that I still have all of my grandparents here on this earth with me. I will be 25 next March, and I know that I am extremely blessed. My great grandmother (Granny as we called her) passed away a year ago on December 1st. I am so lucky to have known her for 24 years. My great grandfather (Granny's husband) passed away when I was in middle school. Jake doesn't have any of his grandparents anymore, and I realize how blessed I am. I know that he misses them, and he reminds me that I am extremely lucky. I know that I am, and for that I am thankful!
10. Having a roof over my head - I am thankful that I have a place to live!
11. My dreams - I am thankful that I have the opportunity to follow my dreams. I have great friends & family that support my dreams and decisions!
12. Having health insurance - Although a lot of people don't agree with our President's decisions, if it wasn't for the health care bill that he passed, I wouldn't have insurance. I lived without insurance for over 2 years and it was horrible. The moment that I had insurance, I went to the doctor! I am so lucky to have health insurance!
13. Living in America - We live in a country that allows us to follow our dreams, watch tv (the channels we want!), surf the internet freely, have the choice to wear what I want, etc. America isn't perfect, but it is so much better than other places!
14. My Morgan Cat - I love my cat. Yes, I am obsessed, but I love her. She is my fur-daughter and she makes me happy!
15. My weightloss - I am thankful that I finally found the drive to make myself lose weight! I am thankful that I am skinnier than I have ever been and that I can buy new clothes because of it!